Sunday, December 28, 2008

Great Drive

Today, we took a great trip. We left my grandmother's house early--had to say goodbye late last night, because we're on KY time. Anyway, for some time now, I have wanted to drive to Big Sur over the Santa Lucia mountains. It's not the normal way to go. In fact, the road has not been paved until recently, or at least in the memory of family who used to go out there back in the day.

I love Big Sur, and I love the Salinas Valley. It seemed a beautiful way to explore both. Here' s some pix of the drive. I apologize that I am not a good photographer. The good ones are Ica's.

You leave Hwy 101 and head down the Jolon Rd onto Fort Hunter Liggett. Sign in and the Army wonders why you're from KY going this way. Are you lost? No, I know exactly what I am doing.

You don't have to be crazy to drive this road, but it helps.







The view of the mountains, with tank.









Into the mountains






No comments: