Tuesday, December 23, 2008

biketruck

Today I delivered 4 hams and 3 food baskets. All told, I place the weight at something like 60 lbs.

No problem at all on the extracycle. I'd even say I was getting it down Limestone. As I was walking it out, it was unbalanced and wobbly, but once I got on, it was fine. In fact it's so smooth that when I had to call Martina to find an address for delivery, I was able to dial and talk with one hand while steering with the other, pedaling thru the trailer park, maneuvering past potholes and going over speed bumps. All while fully loaded.

Clifton threatened to send me to Eastern State Hospital-- not for the bike, but because it was so cold out.

By the way the extracycle is banged up and and dirty. I am trying to talk John and Laura into getting one, so I let him ride it. He did. And scraped my wide loaders (the platform that adds three feet to the width so you can carry heavier loads and long cargo). And immediately after he got on it, he took it to the drainage basin to see if you can ride in the mud. Yeah. Thanks.

Any little way we can stick it to the oil sheiks is what we need to do.

No comments: