Thursday, October 18, 2007

Son of A Preacher Man

On Friday, I headed to drop the boys off at Mammaw’s, where they stayed while I was in Cali. I called my mom to see how she was doing. John talked to her for a minute. I gathered that my mom was explaining to him that my grandfather was her dad. I heard John say something amazing. “Mimi, it will be ok. My mommy died, it will be ok. I bet they are having a good time in heaven.” He said it compassionately, but as a fact. I wonder if John knows that God redeems everything? That even pain and worry can be turned to good.

My mom said that was the most comforting thing anyone had said. “From the lips of children and infants, you have ordained praise, because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger” (Psalm 8:2) That Psalm was on the schedule for me and Jessica this morning. A 7-year old boy shut the devil up and shut down all his plans for death.

2 comments:

maggie said...

glad you're back in the '05. and thanks for letting us break into your house even when you are far away!

Abigail Fields said...

beautiful...