Monday, May 25, 2009

Time

What a day!

Brandon and Erin, the boys' aunt and uncle brought them back from a fun-filled weekend at Mammaw's. It was so good to see B and E and to have the boys back. We had a day of rest and remembrance: the boys occasionally watched The Longest Day with me. How do you explain all that to them? And I think of Steve McKinney's wry words: the worst time to have a boy is 18 years before a war.

We lounged around. Ate lunch at DQ.

Wrestled. I was on fire. I won what is now called the "Pile of Babies" Match, in honor of my finishing move, pinning John by pinning Joe on top of him. I think they have been talking and strategizing because they worked me over tag-team pretty good.

We went to Half Price books. Joe got an Iron Man activity book and John got a book n Frederick Douglas, his new hero.

Then we took a short nap.

We ate some serious roast, green beans and Ica's mashed taters.

Then a pillow fight with all of us.

We wrestled again. I did not fare so well. I must say tho, that I out both of them in a figure four leg lock and then pulled their underwear over their foot, effectively hog tying them.

Then dessert and bed time.

A sabbath.

No comments: