Friday, May 30, 2008

The Struggle

Sunday, I said to Steve McKinney, “it’s going to be a good summer.” I was all hyped up about the warm weather, the pretty skies, the green everywhere that comes with summer. As soon as I said it, though, I regretted saying it. This dark cloud popped up, and I began thinking, “how can you be so naïve? You have no idea what could happen. You thought moving to Louisville was a good idea. You thought you and Melissa would have grandkids running around…” on and on it went, to things like, “Who knows what could happen to John or Joe? Sure Jessica is young, but…”

It really got to me the rest of the day.

But then I had an insight. I do think it will be a good summer. I can’t explain to you, except by faith, why I am basically happy. You can have all kinds of good things in your life, along with bad, and come out some kind of balance of all that. But sometimes you find your way to joy through the Holy Spirit. And strength comes from that place.

I determined not to let the evil one have any kind of laugh. He can kiss my butt. It is going to be a good summer, come what may. That kind of faith drives the evil one nuts, and it keeps me going.

No comments: