Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Little Seminary

Annual Conference, Again

One of the great things about Conference was the boys had a great time. They’ve been coming to Annual Conference since they were born. They actually want to go and be in the evening services. They got to see Rosario be commissioned.

Well, I think they are still thinking about some of the things they heard. Saturday evenings, I rehearse my sermons a few times. John went out with me about a month ago, walking around the block, just listening. Well, he wanted to again tonight. And then Joseph wanted to, as well. So we walked around the block and I worked on my sermon, and they were very quiet. They held my hand now and then, held each other’s hands, whispered to each other now and again. When I finished, Joseph started singing, “There’s Something About That Name.” That song has never been sung more sweetly.

I hope that maybe we can do this each week. Maybe, if the Lord calls them, they will have a jump on sermon preparation. But more importantly, it’s a time to be together, to plant seeds, to deepen their discipleship. Funny; you can be so intentional about something you forget about it. It becomes natural. Our house and family is what I looked for: a little seminary.

No comments: