Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

John Owen is in love with the AME pastor's wife. He thinks she looks like Tina Turner. I know, he's a mess. In the innocence of children he says, "I think I am going to marry a brown woman." For those of you who don't know, the AME church is the African Methodist Episcopal Church, which broke off from the larger Methodist Church over integration issues a long time ago, 1790s if I remember.

John can't figure why if they're Methodists and we're Methodists, why aren't we all together? He says we ought to have the "All Methodist Church." Amen.

_________

There's a drunk maintenance man in the neighborhood who has it out for me. A few weeks ago he was spouting off at a pretty bad car wreck. I mean, really, you hate the preacher, we get that, but let's help the medics work.

Last night he came over and cussed me pretty good. Mama Itoula and Ines were planting peanuts and cassava. Luckily they did not understand what he was saying. I asked him if he could lean over and talk to the plants because the crap coming out of his mouth would really help them grow. They didn't teach me that in seminary. Actually, Jesus did (see Mark 7:1-23, The Parable of Those Whose Butts and Mouths are Reversed) What a jerk. He cussed Osman a few weeks ago. He really hates the church. I asked Leo about him and all Leo would say was, "That dude preached my funeral a time or two..."

1 comment:

Melissa K. said...

The parable of those whose butts and mouths are reversed...That's the funniest thing you've ever said. :)