Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Boy// Scroll Down to FInd Seeds for Sale!!!

There has been an ongoing "negotiation" with John. He wanted an office. So we set him up in a closet that we use for keeping records from our MOnday night program. He had not been in there 5 minutes before he said, "now that I have an office, can you get me a laptop?"

He wants to be a miniature Glandion Carney (the fellow who came to us to lead us through some spiritual exercises). John has decided that he needs to give Laura Gallaher homework, so that she can do better spiritual formation with the youth group. I know; this from an eight year old.

Anyway, he asked for a secretary, too. I found out, tho, that he has already had Charlotte making copies of homework for Laura...

One morning last week, John said that he likes 2% milk better than the 1% I buy. "Why don't you make sure the store has 2% cows?" he asked. "They should have a tag in their ears that says 2% so you'll know." I had to pull over and compose myself before we went any further...

Just yesterday, he decided he should be the Vice-Pastor.

1 comment:

Melissa K. said...

This is my very favorite post you have ever written. I've heard this story in person and it still just makes me laugh so hard my sides hurt. John doesn't want to be a little Glandion...he wants to be like his daddy. Imitation is truly the highest form of flattery...God help him. I think he's a fabulous addition to our staff.